How to make appointment:
Blood donors can make an appointment by calling (+420) 588 442 236, or 588 442 272. In person it can be done at the evidence section of the Transfusion Department of University Hospital Olomouc.
Appointment for ordinary blood giving:
Since it is necessary to continuously replenish the supplies of transfusion preparations according to the current needs of individual departments, or the spectrum of patients who need your blood, please make appointments for blood donation on the basis of the following information:
- If you decide to become a blood donor, you have to make an appointment for a specific day and hour.
- The only exception are first-time donors, who can come and donate without making an appointment.
- The appointment times will be structured in 30-minute intervals, approx. 5–8 donors / 30 min.
- If you receive an SMS notice for a blood donation, please call us free of charge at 800 888 529!
- The evidence clerks will offer you a term for blood donation according to your blood type. If the term does not suit you, we will try to find a suitable term in the next few days.
- When blood supplies are low, donors are invited by telephone, again for a specific day and hour according to agreement.
- Before making an appointment, please pay attention to the chart on “Current state of blood supplies“.
Appointments for apheresis (blood component donating):
For blood plasma donation, donors can make an appointment telephonically free of charge at 800 888 529, if they have made one full blood donation already and meet other criteria (good access to veins, weight over 64 kilograms). For donations of blood platelets and red blood cells, donors are invited personally by the evidence clerks according to the current need.
Intervals between donations:
Collections of whole blood, plasma, as well as blood components are bound by strict law regulations, the aim of whose is to secure the safety of the donation for the donor. These regulations include establishing minimal intervals between the individual types of donations. The following chart clearly shows the information on minimal intervals between the individual types of donations.